The Chamber awards $5,000 in scholarships annually divided between member schools who meet the criteria below.
To increase the scholarship fund, we are now taking donations by check or credit card in the following manner:
Mail a check designated 'scholarship funds' to:
Des Moines East and South Chamber
130 East 3rd Street Suite 301
Des Moines, IA 50309
Criteria for Current School Year
School representative required to attend current Celebration of Progress to accept scholarship funds.
* Participating school must be a member of the chamber and offer an accredited college program.
* Scholarships allocated in each annual budget based on the number of member schools. Each year, the amount is $1,000. One-time scholarship.
* Applicants must reside/volunteer/work within the Des Moines East and/or South parameters
* Demonstrates Financial Need as determined by the school.
* Past recipients of the scholarship are not eligible. This is a one-time scholarship.
Additional Information for Schools
* The recipient of the scholarship is determined by the member school using the criteria as set forth by the Des Moines East and South Chamber.
* Notification of Recipient to be sent to Chamber office by member school prior to May 1st each calendar year.
Additional Information for Students
* Member schools are East High School, Lincoln High School, Grand View Christian, Grand View University, and Des Moines Area Community College.
* If you are a student at one of these schools, please contact your school's appropriate department for information on receiving a Chamber scholarship.