Committees & Programs
Committees & Programs
Participate as a Chair or member of any of our various committees. The Chamber appreciates the time dedicated to committee work by the Chairs and other members. Their hard work assists in the day-to-day success of the Chamber.
The By-Laws and Policies Committee assists in updating by-laws and creating policies as needed and monitors compliance.
˗ ˗ Set and enforce by-laws
˗ ˗ Set policy manual
˗ ˗ Audits/budget monitoring
The Membership committee recruits, welcomes, retains and encourages involvement from all members within the Chamber.
˗ ˗ Visit with potential members, inform them of benefits of joining the chamber
˗ ˗ Encourage members to become involved and attend events
˗ ˗ Hospitality and information for the chamber and communities
˗ ˗ Set up system for new members (welcoming at their office, recognition at lunch meetings, etc.)
˗ ˗ Attend Chamber events
˗ ˗ Design and develop membership drive
Sponsored by: East Village Spa
Chair: Cassie Sampson
Moxie (Member Owners eXchange Information & Experience) is a group of member business Owners/CEOs/Presidents who meet the fourth Wednesday of every month, from 8 AM - 10 AM. Registration is required.
The MOXIE group discusses sensitive issues business owners face in a confidential environment. Membership to this group is a benefit of membership in the Des Moines East + South Chamber of Commerce and is exclusive to Business Owners, CEOs, and Presidents.
Participants sign a confidentiality agreement so all can confidently engage in full and open dialogue and problem solving.
Sponsorship for MOXIE is available on an annual basis for $250. Sponsor has the first right to chair the event and their logo will be displayed on MOXIE information for the year.
The Chamber would like to thank Cassie Sampson and the East Village Spa for this year's MOXIE sponsorship, which enables the Chamber to provide this program at no additional charge to participating members!
Sponsored by: Goodwill Career Connection Center
Chair: Justin Bogers
Vice Chair: Daphne DickensThe Des Moines East and South Chamber (DMESC) 501(c) FORUM is a group of members representing non-profits and associations who meet monthly for two (2) hours to discuss issues impacting their organization, creating a larger unified impact on members of our community.
*Non-members are allowed to attend one meeting as a guest. They must join the chamber in order to return. Dues for a 501(c) organization to join is $225/year
- This is a benefit for DMESC members who represent non-profits and associations.
- There is no charge for being in the group as a member
- A contract and non-disclosure agreement is signed to maintain confidentiality.
- Regular attendance is encouraged.
- Participation is not limited to the individual’s title or how many people attend within their organization.
- Members contribute one (1) win from the month.
- Each member gives a hot topic and discussion follows.
- One takeaway is given at the end of the meeting.
- Educational speakers are brought in for part of the meeting. Once the speaker is finished he/she leaves the meeting.
The LINK - Connecting Emerging Leaders is a new committee designed to support young professionals and business leaders alike and to connect young professionals of the Des Moines East and South Chamber of Commerce with development opportunities offered within the broader Des Moines community. The Chamber has partnered with the Des Moines chapter of Junior Chamber International to provide members of both groups with enhanced opportunities in leadership, volunteering, development and networking.
JCI, commonly referred to as “the Jaycees,” is a group of professionals between the ages of 18-40 that specialize in leadership training through community development, while the Chamber boasts a large network of business professionals. The LINK will be a facilitator for young professionals in the Chamber to find events applicable to what’s important to them. It will provide a connection between the two groups to ensure that members of both groups get access to the best in young professional programming and networking opportunities. To join the Jaycees, click here to contact the President.
Chair: Fernando Aveiga
To cherish the union amongst businesses. To become the space for exchange of resources, strategies, skills, investments, funds, and ideas between business owners focused in the Spanish speaking market by linking our growth of bilingual commerce to grow our products and services in the English speaking market as well as limitless reach to other languages and cultures of the continent.
To organize member entrepreneurs’ productive efforts via events and offering programs that grow the benefit of the member companies and the communities involved.
- Foment business fundamental principles.
- Spread the culture that provides the highest quality of customer service.
- Serve as the example to the new generation of leaders.
“Your business grows at the pace you make it”
Integrity * Leadership * Loyalty * Service * Family
- Bilingual Job Fairs
- Classes to start your business.
- Workshops to grow your business.
- Classes for family investments.
- Classes for Commercial Investments.
- Workshops in Financial Management & Bookkeeping.
- Restaurant Owners Convention.
- Construction Companies Summit.
- Estimating & Bidding Workshop for Contractors.
- Des Moines Salsa Congress.
- Cultural & Athletic Events.
- Social & Networking Events.
- Ribbon cutting.
- And much more.
- Empresari@s shirts and polos.